wash. state dept. of transportation
- More digging at the south end of the Viaduct, more cool archeological finds. Mostly different kinds of bottles.
- Here’s exactly why yet another all-cuts state budget would be a horrible, horrible thing.
- Seattle Weekly shrinkage watch: Two more fired writers. More layoffs across the Village Voice Media chain.
- Under pending City legislation, homeless camps would no longer have to pack up and move every few months.
- For years, Seattle-based Trident Seafoods dumped fish guts into the waters outside its Alaska plant. The result was a “dead zone” at the ocean floor, which the company now vows to clean up.
- The Mariners will open next year’s regular season in Tokyo.
- The all-new DC Comics, now with more formulaic quasi-porn.
- Frank Rich gives one cheer to Rick Perry. The reason: Perry represents the complete and utter death of namby pamby near-right “bipartisanship.”
- And, oh yeah, Amazon announced some new hardware products.