It’s 10/11/12! The sort of date-progression that only happens 11 times in a century and is utterly, completely meaningless!
Elsewhere in randomness:
- Tully’s coffee shops try another fiscal maneuver to stay afloat, having been profitable only twice in 20 years.
- One of the three Pussy Riot martyrs is out of prison.
- Convicted serial child-rapist Jerry Sandusky blames his victims. And the media. How typical.
- Charles Mudede agrees with me that ending Metro’s Ride Free Area is a bad idea.
- That silly Korean dance-music video may have some social commentary nested within it.
- Turns out there’s a term for Romney’s debate tactic. It’s the “Gish Gallop.” It’s the spewing of so many fibs in so short a time that one’s opponent is left tongue-tied.
- Robert Reich debunks seven lies about the economy in two and a half minutes.
- And as a touch of visual spice on the first real week of autumn in the Charmed Land, here are some classic pin-up illustrations retouched with the face of Robert Downey Jr.