This is where I plug all the great things I can do as an employee, contractor, or freelance contributor. And it’s quite a lot of great things indeed.
You might think of me as “A Writer.”
But I see my self as something greater.
I’m a worker.
I can make so many different things. Some of them involve written words. Many of them don’t.
Some of the things I can make that have words in them are:
- Corporate web pages and blogs.
- Promotional web pages and blogs.
- Marketing documents, brochures, and flyers.
- Technical writings (manuals, instructions, tip sheets, help files; anything that’s got to explain techie concepts to non-techie readers).
- Slide presentations.
- Interviews, and transcriptions thereof.
- Transcriptions of other people’s interviews, legal statements, and oral histories.
- Articles and essays on most any topic, thoroughly researched, drafted, and edited. (My specialties include rock/pop music, Seattle and Northwest history/culture, “social media” and its antecedents, the news media, newspapers, magazines, TV/radio, film, and general North American pop culture.)
- That book idea you’ve always had in your head. (I’ll help you organize vague ideas into a concrete outline, then polish your prose into elegance.)
Some of the outfits I’ve worked for (as a freelancer or employee) have included TidBITS/Take Control Books, Dataversity.net, City Living Seattle, the Capitol Hill Times, the Seattle Times, the Stranger, Fantagraphics Books, Arcadia Publishing, and Wilderness Press.
And I’ve written and/or edited and/or contributed to several books. Some of these are Walking Seattle, Vanishing Seattle, Then and Now Seattle, Seattle’s Belltown, Take Control of Digital TV, and Loser: The Real Seattle Music Story.
And please, look around at some of the many, many things I’ve written and posted here. Some are what they used to call “web originals;” others were made for print clients. You might start with these:
Some of the other things I can make are:
- Digital photographs (for documenting local scenes and events, selling stuff, or just telling your life story).
- Graphic design and layout (for print or online usage).
And let’s not forget the myriad of assorted services I can perform for you!:
- Research for any task you require, through both online and “real world” documents.
- Files and records, again both online and “real.”
- Data entry and maintenance.
- Admin support, of any kind you may require (phones, logistics, correspondence, scheduling, meeting support, or just making printouts and copies of things).
I’ve got a lovely (if I do say so myself) resumé of my writing-type work.
And an equally lovely resumé of my office-type work.
Either way, my work will more than meet your needs.